Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Just a weekly update

The kids room is starting to come along.  This weekend M painted the room lacewing (minty green).  This weekend he'll put on a second coat and well as paint the accent color Picnic on the light switch cover and overhead storage doors.  Even though we have less than a week until we find out bean's gender, I've always preferred gender neutral rooms for babies.  We have some shelves that are a pastel yellow in C's room that we will add, as well as buy a unfinished dresser to paint in the Picnic color too.   I'm still trying to figure out if one dresser will be enough for two kids, or if we should buy two (let me know what you think please!).  We'll most likely going to purchase new RAST dressers from IKEA, since they're only $34.99 (can't beat that for a new dresser.)I'd like to put up some wall shelves for the more breakable items, so those will probably be white or picnic, since I don't trust that the picture frames will still be there if a terrible two year old can reach them.

We've been out enjoying the warm almost hot weather that has suddenly arrived (It's suppose to be the 80s today!)  We've been trying out our new stroller, which C loves.  He gets annoyed that we don't just use it all the time instead of the car.  We ended up purchasing a Phil & Teds stroller at the end of March.  They were offering a free doubling kit through the end of the month.  I really wanted something compact for a double stroller, I realized most of our walking is in an urban setting with older doors and steps.  I just didn't see those double wide strollers be easy to use, and the sit and stand strollers were to hard to steer.  We ended up with Phil & Teds' most compact stroller, Dot.  I love the fact that it doesn't always have to be a double stroller, which means that once C is too big for the stroller I can still use it with bean or any future babies (although I hope bean is done with a stroller by the time next baby comes along, I don't think I could handle 3 under 4 or 5.  The dots runs really smooth on our sidewalks (which being in older neighborhood they can be a bit bumpy).  The only thing I don't like about the stroller is the price tag   Its a lot for a stroller.  Its a lot for anything, but sometimes post tax return its okay to splurge on one thing.

I think that's all I have to say for now.  The week hasn't been filled with anything terribly exciting(which is nice to have a chance to relax and a break!)




No comments:

Post a Comment