Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Weight Loss Challenge and Update!

So for those of you following along, how did your week go?

Here's my updated stats:

  • 12/8: 1X7.8lbs 12/15: 1X7.4lbs .4 lb loss!
  • Hips 12/8: 45"  12/15:  45" Same
  • Waist 12/8: 39.5" 12/15: 40"  .5" gain
  • Left Thigh 12/8: 24" 12/15: 24" Same
  • Left Arm- 12/8: 14" 12/15: 13.5" .5" loss!


Here's how my goals went:


  • Drink 5 glasses of water a day.  Passed!  I noticed that I am drinking more water and I don't have to think about it as much
  • Complete the Petite Athleat's the 300 challenge at least 4 out of 7 days a week. Failed. I started off this week doing awesomely, but I had 2 days where we ended up being out later than expected, plus 3 parties.  Hence the gain in the waist, I noticed a big difference on how I felt at the end of this week after not doing anything for awhile.
  • Walk 3 times this week. Failed, I got 2 out of 3.  The snow didn't help.
  • Complete an arm exercise twice this week. Passed.  Slowly getting toned.
  • Try a healthy snack first before opting for a sweet snack. Failed.  So when you make a goal, make sure you have some healthy options before deciding this should be a goal...
  • Eat a piece of fruit 5 out of 7 days. Passed.  We bought oranges, so lots of citrus.  C has been stealing all the bananas, so I haven't had that as an option.

  • How to participate this week: (Same as last week)

    1. Review your goals and figure out why they didn't work if you failed.
    2. Come up with 6 goals if you failed some, 7 new ones if you passed completely (as clearly you need more of a challenge!)
    3. If you failed, like me, your six goals should include the ones you didn't pass.

    New goals:

  • Complete the Petite Athleat's the 300 challenge at least 4 out of 7 days a week. 
  • Walk 3 times this week. 
  • Complete an arm exercise three times this week. 
  • Try a healthy snack first before opting for a sweet snack. 
  • Start adding more lean protein to my diet.
  • Stretch for 10 mins everyday.

  • I found out that my local Market District Giant Eagle has health & wellness programs, including a personal consultation with a dietician!  This program is sponsored by Highmark, so if they are your insurance carrier you get a free consultation each year.  I had mine on Friday and thought she did a wonderful job of finding me foods I would like to eat, highlighting what I did well, and areas to improve on.  She also did a great job helping me figure out where I should be weight loss wise (since the BMI shouldn't be your end all be all, since it doesn't calculate muscle and frame).  Right now I need to lose about 37-47lbs to be in my ideal range, where the BMI has me at over 50.  

    This means if I can lose 5lbs a month for the next 10 months I should be in good shape!  That feels like a much more reasonable goal.

    In other news, here's H and Santa at one of our parties this week.  H is asleep, and C was not having it...

    No comments:

    Post a Comment