Friday, January 10, 2014

Clutter Challenge Day 2

How did your first project go?

Mine took a bit more time than I expected.  First of all, our Christmas decorations were still up.   Secondly, H was/is incredibly fussy.

Before
But happy with the results, threw out most of the paper/plastic bags that hold stuff, but don't really hold a shape, so they constantly fall over.



Our biggest collection of holiday stuff is Christmas.  I organized the boxes into sub categories (linens, outdoor decor, etc.)  I also made sure every box has what's in it written on the top and two sides, so I don't spend as long trying to figure it out.

Here's the results.  Our mini Christmas tree is the only thing in a bag still, I couldn't find a box that would fit it.  I'm really happy to have all the Halloween costumes in a box, rather than half stuffed in a basket or laying across random boxes.  Lastly each holiday has at least one box, making it much easier to grab the right stuff.  I got a rid of a box called "Other Holidays" by doing this, which means I won't have to go through the most recent holidays stuff to get to the bottom of the box.

After

My project for the next 24 hours in my desk.  As you can see there is quite a bit of stuff on it.  A lot of it not really desk related.  And I have a hard time finding the things I need, but for whatever reason, my desk has become one of those catchall in the house.  Like we need a proper junk drawer or something.


somehow I still use my computer here.

No comments:

Post a Comment