Thursday, January 2, 2014

Holiday update!

H dressed as Baby New Year at our
annual New Year's Eve Party
First of all Happy New Year!  2013 was an adventurous for us, so I'm looking forward to all the fun things happening in 2014 (turning 30, M finishing grad school, H's first birthday, taking a real vacation!)

There are two things I would like to accomplish in this post. First the final Holiday Weight Loss Challenge update, and then a Holiday gift review.

Here's my updated stats:

  • 12/22: 1X6.4lbs 01/02: 1X6.2lbs .2 lb loss!
  • Hips 12/22:  44.5"  01/02:  44.5" Same
  • Waist 12/22: 40" 01/02: 39.5"  .5" loss!
  • Left Thigh 12/22: 24" 01/02: 24" Same
  • Left Arm- 12/22: 13" 01/02: 13.5" .5" gain
So I did a great job on the healthy snack/lean protein goals, terrible on the exercising.  So I actually was expecting to go up.  I'm really excited that I lost a total of 3.6lbs during a season full of delicious foods, alcohol, and too many cookies.  I wish I had been able to get more in the habit of exercising, but the week of being sick really put a dent into things.  Here's hoping a pick up a few more good habits in 2014.

I'm thinking of doing another challenge soon, I'd really like to lose 10lbs by the end of February.  I'm attending a clothing swap and I'd really like to like to swapping for the next smaller size.

We had a wonderful Christmas - we got to see both our families and friends.  This was the first Christmas where C was excited - he lets us sleep in until 9:30am, but once he was up he shoved M's glasses on his face and yelled "presents! presents! eggies!"  So our stocking from Santa trumped eating scrambled eggs.

I wanted highlight a few gifts the boys received and a few gifts that we gave.  

dollhouse
My parents gave the boys the Melissa & Doug High Rise Dollhouse.  C loves it, although his new robot and airplane spend a lot of time in there too.  H likes to look at it, I think he'll really enjoy it as he gets bigger.  My in-laws gave H the Kidsline nap mat in Yellow Giraffe.  It's adorable and it doesn't take up too much space.  Previously we were using a Moses Basket, but H has recently gotten too big and finds ways to wiggle out of it, this napmat has become the perfect next thing, its not as clunky as a pack n play and its super soft.  On a humorous note, C got the book version of "What does the fox say?" from his Uncles.  When its read out loud, it reminds me of William Shatner covering a song.  Lastly, I love the Gund Baby Simply Modern Bear set that H received, we got him the blanket bear, my grandma gave him the stuffed animal which comes with an adorable baby bear, and my parents got him the matching teether.  We also received many other wonderful toys, clothes, and books, but I can't list them all.  Plus most of H's presents are still in their packaging, since he's just starting to play with toys.  The gifts from my parents and grandmother came from Fun Buy The Pound, but they don't have an online store for me to link too.  I suggest if you are in the Pittsburgh area to stop in and check it out.
H in his nap mat

Some of my favorite gifts to give this year...
  • Zimmerman Kitchen Lotions & Soaps: Andrea was really great at working with us to put together a selection of products to send to my Sister and Brother-In-Law.  Andrea makes everything herself, and the lotions are great for people with dry skin!
  • The Jesus Storybook Bible on DVD.  Our church gives this bible at Baptism, but its hard for C to sit through the story.  For whatever reason, he'll watch the same story, same wording though.  Atleast its a start...
  • Flowers!  1800Flowers did a great job with the flowers, gift baskets, trees we sent to friends and family.  With a shorting Christmas season, and losing a week to being sick, this was a nice way to get gifts out.  They also started a passport program where you get free shipping for a year when you pay $30.  Which has already paid for itself.  We did use Teleflora for one gift, and they were terrible.  They didn't have any tracking available, didn't let me know that the flowers that were supposed to arrive on the 24th were not going to be delivered then.  Then they promised me they would deliver on the 26th.  Once again did not deliver or notify me of changes.  Promised me that they would deliver on the 27th.  Morning of the 27th I get an email saying they can't make the arrangement I picked...the flowers did arrive on the 27th, and the recipient was pleased.
  • C got a robot bib from this etsy shop.  He loves it.  Its his first pick of bibs.
  • Another Etsy gift, for my BIL's girlfriend was a great clutch from the Sweet Sugar Beet.  Haley makes fantastic bags, she's done both my diaper bags, as well as my wedding clutch, and gifts for my bridesmaids.
  • T-Rex Shirt
  • T-Rex Shirt for my brother.  Saw this and knew it was for him.  First time using Fab.com, they shipped quickly and both items I bought were well received by the giftee.
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's!



No comments:

Post a Comment